Energetic Potential of Romania’s Grasslands

Neculai Dragomir, Corina Cristea, Carmen Dragomir, Maria Sauer, Ioan Peţ, Teodor Cristea, Darius Văcariu, Sebastian Constantinescu

Abstract


Permanent grasslands represent, all over the world, an asset that contributes to maintaining ecological balance in all other natural ecosystem, a never-ending reservoir of vegetal biomass that supplies most of the necessary food for animals and that can also be an important source of “green energy”. In Romania, only 56% of the grassland area (i.e. 2,200,000 ha) would be enough to cover the necessary fibrous fodder for the cattle, while the rest of 44% (i.e. 1,700,000 ha) could be used to produce energy.


Keywords


biomass; cattle; energy; permanent grassland

Full Text:

PDF

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c)


Scientific Papers Animal Science and Biotechnologies publish open access articles under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence (read full legal code).


LUCRARI STIINTIFICE ZOOTEHNIE SI BIOTEHNOLOGII (SCIENTIFIC PAPERS ANIMAL SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGIES)

ISSN print 1841 - 9364
ISSN online 2344 - 4576
ISSN-L  1841 - 9364
(former ISSN 1221-5287, E-ISSN 1841-9364)

PUBLISHER: AGROPRINT Timisoara, Romania
PAPER ACCESS: Full text articles available for free
FREQUENCY: Semiannual
PUBLICATION LANGUAGE: English
_________________________________________________________________

Banat´s University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine "King Michael I of Romania" from Timisoara
Bioengineering Faculty of Animal Resources
300645, Timişoara, Calea Aradului 119, Romania

E-mail: spasb [at] animalsci-tm.ro
Phone: +40-256-277160, Fax.: +40-256-277110